Ridley Park, PA, (October 23, 2014) – Sure Power, business partners, township officials and neighbors celebrated the official opening of Sure Power’s new headquarters at 200 Industrial Highway, Ridley Park, Pennsylvania on October 23, 2014 at 10am. The 43,000 square foot building is designed to achieve greater efficiencies and room for growth across the company. This year, the company also celebrates its 20th anniversary.
“Our new headquarters will allow us to explore new ventures within the industry while providing 60 employees with a modern, safe work environment where they can better collaborate and work as a team,” said Paul Merrick, CEO of Sure Power. “After five moves in our 20 years, we have arrived at our dream facility – right here in Ridley Township.”
The new facility features 30,000 square foot of warehouse space and 13,000 square foot of office space including a training room, break spaces for technicians and office staff and an employee gym. “Since 1994, we’ve made a concerted effort to hire from the local pool of extremely talented candidates,” said John Merrick, President of Sure Power. “The expanded warehouse space and training room will allow for ongoing training of our existing employees as a measure of retaining them while remaining up to speed on all the requirements of our industry.”
About Sure Power, Inc.
Founded in 1994 by brothers Paul and John Merrick, Sure Power provides innovative battery back-up solutions for business. Sure Power protects critical systems from downtime, data loss and equipment damage by delivering power protection to ensure business continuity through the constant availability of mission-critical data, communications and applications. More information about Sure Power is available at www.sure-power.com
Sure Power, Inc. Interesting Facts
- Sure Power was founded in 1994 by Paul Merrick. Paul’s brother John joined the company one year later. At that time, the two operated out of a 2,500 square foot building in Collingdale with one staff person in the office.
- Sure Power’s new headquarters is kept under a holding company Paul and John began specifically for the new building. The company, SkipJack Realty Associates, was named after the matriarch and patriarch of the Merrick Family, Skip and Jack Merrick who passed away in 2009 and 2014, respectively.
- The move to 200 Industrial Highway marks Sure Power’s 5th move in its 20 years.
- Sure Power employs over 60 people, many of which are born and raised in Delaware County.
- Dedicated to safety for both employees and customers, Sure Power employs a full time, dedicated Environmental Safety and Health Director. The ESH Director ensures regular onsite safety meetings, OSHA training, and a host of other measures to keep employees safe. The safety program at Sure Power is innovative for this industry.
- In 1998, Sure Power opened a regional office in Baltimore, MD. The Baltimore Division, led by Karl Laue, services some of our most high profile customers including the Verizon, Jones Lang LaSalle and multiple government sites.
- UPS Rental Powered by Sure Power is another division within Sure Power. Established in 2006, UPS Rental provides quality critical power rental solutions including mobile and standalone UPS rentals, stationary battery products and services to maximize critical power reliability. More information can be found at www.upsrental.com